The S87 is a low voltage, solid state, direct spark ignition control module for gas-fired furnaces, boilers and heating appliances. Models are available with or without a prepurge timer. The S87 controls the gas valve, monitors the main burner flame and generates a high voltage for spark ignition. The S87D uses a separate electrodes for spark ignition and flame sensing. Use with any gas control designed for DSI application that is rated at 2.0A or less.
- External, replaceable fuse protects system transformer and temperature controller
- Automatic system lockout after trial-for-ignition if malfunction exists or main burner flame fails to ignite
- Compact, solid state components for accurate, long-lasting performance
- Convenient remote start procedure; after safety shutdown, control module can be reset from the remperature controller
- Low voltage control circuit reduces wiring costs
- Uses flame rectification principle to prove presence of main burner flame; false flame signal resulting from short to ground results in safety shutdown